National Telework Week is around the corner (March 4 -8)! In the spirit of encouraging employees to telework, ThurstonHeretoThere.org is sharing an infographic from WomenOnBusiness.com, about the benefits of telework with our readers.
Here are just a few highlights from the article:
Today, approximately 30 million Americans telecommute at least one day per week, and that number is expected to increase 63% by 2016.
According to the data, if everyone whose job is compatible with telecommuting were to begin working from home just half of the time, the national savings would be greater than $700 billion per year. Specific savings include:
- A company saves $11,000 per telecommuting employee.
- A telecommuting employee saves between $2,000 and $7,000 per year.
- The oil savings would be greater than 37% of U.S. imports from the Persian Gulf.
- The greenhouse gas reduction would be the equivalent of taking the entire workforce across the state of New York permanently off the road.
- Telework and Flexible Schedules on ThurstonHeretoThere.org
- Benefits of Employee Telecommuting www.womenonbusiness.com
Via: BOLT Insurance